UC fit notes and LCWRA start date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC fit notes and LCWRA start date

Options
paulaoprey1976
paulaoprey1976 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can someone explain this to me I started handing fitnotes in to UC in Feb 2021 I had my assesment on the 7 SEP and got my decision on the 6 Oct to say I was awarded LCWRA however they are starting it from the 15 June til the 14 sept as the first 13 weeks but I don't understand why it didn't start from Feb march April may can anyone help me understand this thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,053 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, then the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. Which starts from when you reported your health condition providing you sent your fit note within 7 days. You must have continued to send them without any gaps until the decision was made on your WCA. 
    The LCWRA will start from either June or July, depending on the exact date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods (or the date you usually get paid) 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.