Challenging PIPP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Challenging PIPP

Dspencer9
Dspencer9 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I have now come to a stage of tribunal and a hearing of my case so sruggled with reading so much paperwork, then finally was rejected again and had to apply for my statement of reason explaining in detail why the case was rejected. When you get the hearing letter ur doesn’t explain why it was rejected and advices me to get a statement of reason which finally took to the CAB to see if I had a case to challenge the magistrate but after reading they audit was not worth it, so sadly had no chance but to let it go!!?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry to hear your PIP claim wasn't successful after the tribunal at least you tried to challenge 
  • Dspencer9
    Dspencer9 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thanks I’ll keep that in mind
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    In general you can only appeal a tribunal decision on a point of law, sorry you missed out @Dspencer9 perhaps if you have new evidence etc you could apply again?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're considering reapplying then i'd advise you to get some expert advice to check that you can score points for an award. Unfortunately, you can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors you won't score the points needed for an award.
    Start here for that advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.