Waiting time. It seems cruel to make someone wait so long just to turn them down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting time. It seems cruel to make someone wait so long just to turn them down

savrina
savrina Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning everyone hope you got a great weekend planned indors , unless your a duck then you gonna love this rain ,,
right still waiting on my pip Decision its been 18 weeks , i cant see why if your not getting it why dont dwp just let you know earlier , i dont get keeping people waiting do long to turn them down just seems a bit cruel .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there..its not a matter of them just letting people who are turned down know

Each claim will go to the bottom of the decision maker pile of work and not be looked at till it reaches the top of the pile 

Have you called them at all to ask how your claim is progressing this can prompt it to be looked at 
  • savrina
    @janer1967 no i got a letter few weeks ago to say that they had all my information and when i rung they said no Decision yet and may 3 to 5 more weeks waiting time 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I note from another thread that you recently received a copy of your report, which suggests that it's not that long ago that you had your assessment.
    Although you were told a timescale of between 3-5 weeks for a decision, it can actually be between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer because backlogs are so long at the moment.
    The decision hasn't yet been made so you don't know if you've been refused. They mostly go with the report but not always.
    There's nothing more you can do until a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:

Have you called them at all to ask how your claim is progressing this can prompt it to be looked at 
    This does seem to work surprisingly.  I have a mate on a another forum with similar issues to myself, both got our reviews about the same time and had long waits afterwards.  He got his pushed through a couple of weeks ago by phoning, I'm still waiting for mine as I can't phone!  His was a positive outcome so that's given me a bit of optimism.  :)

(PS - Jane, there's a typo in your signature 'hunan' - I wouldn't say anything if it was a post but as it's a sig thought you'd like to correct it  :) )
  • janer1967
    @OverlyAnxious thanks for pointing that out I will correct it 
  • savrina
    @janer1967, hi just a quick up date , i rung jane and they said they sent letter out on the 20 , so wait and see , thank you .
  • savrina

@poppy123456, i was thinking refused cause alot of people on here had a payment before letter . Think just preparing my self mentally for the worse outcome . Thank you for all of you on here i have learnt alot .
  • janer1967
    You should get it soon let us know how you get on 
  • savrina
    @janer1967, can i ask you , is it everyone that gets a payment before letter please .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually a payment arrives in your bank before the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.