Sunflower peom for poetry competiton — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sunflower peom for poetry competiton

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2021 in Coffee lounge

Hi scope online 

I went the link the @Sandy_123 shared and poetry and found free competition to write a poem about sunflower 

The poem called lonely little sunflower

The sunflower towers with great presence standing stall.

As the wind tries to blow to make the Sunflower fall. 

As the bees begin to swarm towards the lonely sunflower

Hour by hour the lonely sunflower was losing his strength to keep the bees at bay.

The bees are sucking pollen from the lonely sunflower. 

The sunflower looked lifeless as the bees and sucked all pollen out of the lonely sunflower.  

The lonely sunflower was brought back to life. 

When a woman called May gave the young sunflower some feed and a light sprinkling of water.

After a few days, the lonely sunflower was standing tall and proud again in the glowing sunshine.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

Oh wow, will you be joining the competition? I think your writing definitely deserves some recognition if you are interested in joining the competition. Best of luck with this. Please feel free to keep us updated  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    @L_Volunteer
    I have sent my poem to the competition I will keep the scope online community I will you be updated on my progress

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Yay, well-done @Globster. Great news for a Monday  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster

A poem called lonely little sunflower 

add a  few  new lines to this poem

The sunflower towers with great presence, standing tall, 

as the wind tries to blow to make the sunflower fall.

The bees begin swarming towards the lonely sunflower.

Hour by hour he was losing his strength to keep the bees at bay.

The sunflower looked lifeless, 

as the bees sucked all his nectar to the very last drop.

The lonely sunflower was brought back to life, 

when a woman called May 

gave the young sunflower some feed 

and a light sprinkling of water.

Within a few days 

the loney sunflower 

was standing tall and proud again 

in the glowing sunshine. 

Knowing that although his sweet nectar had been drunk dry, 

the bees had collected his pollen 

and not only helped with the next generation of sunflowers, 

but helped May and her family 

by making a bounty of honey.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,364 Disability Gamechanger
  • JanetMor
    JanetMor Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Dedicated to My Interloper
    Begone you malingering mass
    You body invader
    Leave my physical and psychological self
    To be as it should
    Your presence is not required
    You cuckoo in the nest
    Fly away