Husband's claim. How long after your phone call is a decision made? Does working affect claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Husband's claim. How long after your phone call is a decision made? Does working affect claim?

Options
wiggywoowoo
wiggywoowoo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So, he’s currently waiting on a decision and just wondering how long after your phone call a decision was made? And also if working will affect his claim? As I’ve heard it doesn’t and then heard from others it does? 

Comments

• DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    How long is a piece of string? It seems everybody has a different experience.

I believe you can work and claim PIP but it obviously depends on what sort of job.

Hope he hears something soon 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,211 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer as a guide but there's really no timescales. Providing the work you do doesn't contradict the reasons why you're claiming PIP there shouldn't be a problem.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello now that you have had your assessment you can phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may or could be but you still have to wait for the official confirmation notification letter. If the award is not what you expected after reading the report you have time on your side to prepare more evidence and supporting information for you claim if you apply for an Mandatory Reconsideration once you have received the official pip award notification letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.