MR help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR help

Karawen
Karawen Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
Hi

I've just received my MR decision which reiterated my initial PIP decision.

In the 'My decision' section it says that I rang on the 3rd August saying that I was going to submit additional evidence but they haven't received it.  

I posted my MR letter, with supporting evidence (I naively did the initial claim myself but sought help with the MR through Muscular Dystrophy UK), on 11th September and the tracking says it was received on the 13th September.

I had actually rung again on 26th August and 21st September but these dates weren't noted... (the call on the 26th was to ask for more time as my contact in the MDUK Advocacy team had been sick but we almost had it ready to send, the 21st September was to see whether or not it was on their system and I was told no at that point).

So it looks as though my additional supporting evidence hasn't been taken into account at all and is probably sitting on a desk somewhere ?. 

Is it a case now that I just go ahead with tribunal or is it worth calling them to ask if it's now on their system and if it is to look at it again?

This process is so frustrating!

Any advice is appreciated ?? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the problem when you ring to request the MR or when you post the letter and send additional evidence at a later date. They don't have to wait for that extra evidence and a decision can be made at anytime.
    Signed for delivery means nothing at all other than it was signed for by someone from Royal Mail and it would be somewhere in the sorting office. It's not signed for by someone from DWP which is why paying for signed for is a waste of money.
    As you've had the MR decision then the next stage is Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Karawen
    Yes, I'm beginning to realise that it honestly doesn't matter how many times you communicate with them to.  How annoying.

Thanks for the advice though @poppy123456 tribunal it is.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    When you lodge the appeal and DWP are notified that will prompt another DWP decision maker to review you file in order to prepare their response.That can sometimes prompt an offer of a revised award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Karawen
    Thanks @calcotti I lodged the appeal this afternoon and uploaded all the documents that I've already submitted.  The DWP have until the 29th Nov to respond.

Fingers crossed they revise their decision, can't say I'd be thrilled to go as far as tribunal but I will if I have to.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn’t matter but you didn’t need to upload documents you have already submitted as DWP will have to provide copies of all documents related to your claim to the tribunal (these will also be copied to you).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Karawen
    Thank you.  I had read that on another post previously but it made me feel better ?
  • danielleD
    danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    If I was you I'd logg an official complaint that you have spoke to them on occasions that has not been noted to inform them of your extra evidence and because the decision has been made without takeing the new information into account. I know a lady who did this and she won her Mr and it was done within a week from putting the complaint in the money was in her bank 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.