I've had a £115 payment from PIP. I thought my payment would be backdated. Is this right? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've had a £115 payment from PIP. I thought my payment would be backdated. Is this right?

Options
GillP
GillP Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I’m confused I just checked my bank I got a payment from  pip only £115 I applied in May 21 had my assessment on the 13th Oct .  I thought I would of got it backdated I’m stressing even more as I have waited so long and struggled can anyone help or is this right 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    You will need to ring them to ask because we can only guess what it's for. The number is 0800 121 4433 and they open at 9.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GillP :) 

Were you able to ring them today to check what this payment was? 

Have you received your decision letter yet?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • GillP
    Options
    Morning I did phone I’m not happy basically I’m getting enchanted daily living but not mobility don’t understand as I can’t walk without crutches and my condition is going worse 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    GillP said:
    Morning I did phone I’m not happy basically I’m getting enchanted daily living but not mobility don’t understand as I can’t walk without crutches and my condition is going worse 
    That still doesn't explain a payment of £115.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Any worsening of condition since the assessment took place will not be considered. If you disagree with the decision to award you Enhanced Daily living only, then you should get some expert advice before requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • GillP
    Options
    Thanks poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    GillP said:
    Thanks poppy 

Did you find out why you only received the £115 backdated? As calcotti says, your award doesn't explain why you only received that amount.
  • GillP
    Options
    Hi apparently that payment was a week and 2 days  I asked when will I get my backdate money as I applied in April 21 she said she put a note on the system and the delay is because my confirmation letter needs to on pink paper ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.