I read that you can email extra information to PIP. If so, what's the email address? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I read that you can email extra information to PIP. If so, what's the email address?

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I read somewhere (I think on here) that you can email extra information into pip? If so does anyone know the email address? I need to add some more medication and illnesses to my pip review that i sent back in July. It’s not been dealt with as yet I presume as I’ve not heard anymore . 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You are better off sending it through the post 

Also the additional illness need to have been there for at least 3 months prior to review and expected to last another 9 months

If you send extra info make sure you put your name and ni number on all pages 

I don't know the email address though I do think there is one 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    As far as I know you cannot email anything to PIP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gerrys6
    I think there is an email but it’s not very widely publicised. So much so that it’s very hard to find the email address!!. 
    But since my review form hasn’t been logged (I expect) won’t it be easy for my extra information to  just go missing?? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    gerrys6 said:
    I think there is an email but it’s not very widely publicised. So much so that it’s very hard to find the email address!!. 
    But since my review form hasn’t been logged (I expect) won’t it be easy for my extra information to  just go missing?? 
    Provided you make sure that every page has your name and NI number on it then it should find it’s way to your file. Include a covering letter saying you are enclosing additional information in support of the review form you recently returned. If things are scanned sequentially by the time the new evidence is scanned and added the review form will already be on file.

Frankly, even if you could find an email address, I'd have less confidence in anything sent that way reaching your file.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Is the extra information relevant? does the information about your illnesses state exactly how your conditions affect you? If it doesn't then you need to think is it worth sending it in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    edited October 2021
    I’m on stronger painkillers which affect me for longer 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.