Confused by Assessors Report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused by Assessors Report

Options
steveo928
steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,

I had my PIP assessment at the start of the month and according to PIP helpline my decision letter was sent out on 20th October (not received yet.)

I asked for the assessment report on 26th October which i got today - i find it odd that i've received the report quicker than the decision letter has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, i'm confused with the report. The assessor marked every section as A (doesn't need aiding/prompting etc.) but in her observations/summary she notes that i've poor concentration, I can't get public transport due to anxiety and have to drive/be driven everywhere and that i get easily frustrated/agitated/verbally aggressive with people. There are also references that i've ended up in debt and nearly evicted due to my poor budgeting and impulsive behaviour/spending.

When reading the summary I feel that she summarised by difficulties well but in her 'professional opinion' for each section (preparing food etc.) has repeatedly stated "his lack of motivation is acknowledged as consistent with his MH conidtion, however SOH indicates that he does go shopping once a week, does do chores and visits family supporting an adequate level of motivation." She didn't write that i only go shopping with my partner during when its quiet as it causes me stress and nor did she write that i only visit family once a week or 2 weeks sometimes.

I'm just feeling confused by it all really and unsure on what to do. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Another decision maker will then look at your claim again and make another decision. If that deosn't change then it's Tribunal.
    What you need to do is concentrate on where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    You should not contrate wholly on the report because this isn't going to get you a PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steveo928
    steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Another decision maker will then look at your claim again and make another decision. If that deosn't change then it's Tribunal.
    What you need to do is concentrate on where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    You should not contrate wholly on the report because this isn't going to get you a PIP award.
    @poppy123456 I have started on my MR letter this evening. I felt it best to get a head start. I hope that I’ll make it detailed enough to make the DM understands.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.