Received my assessment support, and not sure what it all means. Can I work out rough idea of score? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received my assessment support, and not sure what it all means. Can I work out rough idea of score?

Options
Kellyxx
Kellyxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received my pip assessment report today and not sure what it all means as it is very confusing, but it does say on every page that that evidence is supportive to that question. 
Should there be any points on the form that I could try and find to get a rough idea of what the outcome may be as I first applied in April and it’s making my nerves go through the roof 
thanks ? 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Kellyxx

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I especially appreciate that you have already managed to reach out to us as I recognise the courage it must take to reach out for the first time. Unfortunately, PIP assessments are not my area of expertise which means I am hoping someone with more knowledge in this area can respond to you soon to help you to understand the report. However, in the meantime, I just wanted to say sorry that the assessment report is not immediately accessible, that must be really frustrating. You may find this link useful as it explains what to do and who you can contact after your assessment https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/your-assessment/after-your-pip-consultation. I hope this helps! I am wishing you all the best of luck with PIP, I hope you get the outcome you are hoping for and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kellyxx - & welcome to the community. With your assessor's report, towards the end you should find a list with all the activities described. For each activity you should see a black dot or a tick alongside it; there will be just one for each activity. Compare this to the following list which shows the points which may be awarded. Remember this is just a recommendation, & you will have to wait for the decision maker's letter. Please see: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

• Kellyxx
    Options
    @chiarieds  Well from using that link you gave me it’s showing a total of 10 point for daily living and 24 points for mobility so fingers crossed 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That does sound hopeful @Kellyxx - please let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Kellyxx
    Options
    @chiarieds one other thing that I find strange is that on my report they keep referring back to my application in 2019 where I was refused pip, and the assessor says where they didn’t give me any or little point “infact it is not the case and it is such points”
    very confusing as to why she is arguing the point of an assessment made 2 years ago xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.