Pip review. How long are they taking at the moment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review. How long are they taking at the moment?

steve69
steve69 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Dreaded form posted back.Just quickly how long are they taking at the minute.Knowing my luck something will go wrong near Xmas.Thankyou everyone

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Pip reviews are taking a long time currently with people waiting over 6 months for assessments in some areas fingers crossed you get a quick review 
  • steve69
    Best find that peice of string and find my tape measure then.
    My first claim took 10 months ...so I anticipate I will be able to pay the gas bill at Christmas.
    Thankyou ?

• steve69
    Well...at least their getting quicker!
  • Glen1981
    Glen1981 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I have just put in the application and was checking for a reply daily, now I think I’ll forget about it till Christmas, job centre will have to just keep telling me off for having no end date on my sick note :/ 
  • steve69
    Ask for an extension of your sick note!
  • Glen1981
    Glen1981 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    It doesn’t have an end date, the doctor won’t do one… do I just make up a end date and keep doing it fresh using the same sick note? Very confusing. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Glen1981 said:
    I have just put in the application and was checking for a reply daily, now I think I’ll forget about it till Christmas, job centre will have to just keep telling me off for having no end date on my sick note :/ 

This thread is about PIP and you don't need fit notes to claim PIP. Fit notes are related to the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve69
    Can you send additional evidence after you have sent the review form back.
    It's a very relevant MRI scan result.
  • poppy123456
    Yes you can but unless it states exactly how your conditions affect you then you need to decide is it worth sending it? PIP is not about a diagnosis.
    If you still want to send it then make sure you send a copy only and put your name and NI number on it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • steve69
    Okey dokey...thankyou.?
  • steve69
    Is it normal for them to send a reminder out for you to return the Ar1.
    It has been returned already..letter dated 2 days before I sent form back.
    Me panicking a bit!
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    steve69 said:
    Is it normal for them to send a reminder out for you to return the Ar1.
    It has been returned already..letter dated 2 days before I sent form back.
    Me panicking a bit!
    Completely normal. Automated process.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Omdurman
    Omdurman Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I have just got notification today of my assessment I sent my form off on July 3rd my assessment is on November 8th
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you've got a date for your assessment now @Omdurman :) Best of luck with it!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • steve69
    Thanks for the replies and information.Unfortunately I have had no confirmation that they have received my form.
    Last time I got a text...we shall see!
  • poppy123456
    steve69 said:
    Thanks for the replies and information.Unfortunately I have had no confirmation that they have received my form.

Postal backlogs are huge and they are estmating several weeks for mail to be added to the computer.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    steve69 said:
    Mine wasn’t a review as such, it was a change of circumstances, I sent it off 9th August and heard nothing until my usual PIP payment day arrived and a larger amount appeared in my bank account, my decision letter arrived the day after...in all it was just nine weeks for me...still can’t understand how they can turn them around quickly for some and others wait months.

hope you hear something soon.
  • crystalcrip
    crystalcrip Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    @steve69 they didn’t give me confirmation for mine either so I phoned up and they said they hadn’t received it so I got another one sent out filled it in again now they are saying that they have both forms lol it’s all bit of a mess and nobody tells you anything, hope you get awarded what your need, just done my pip assessment on Thursday and waiting on the results now so fingers crossed 
  • steve69
    I had to ring for a new certificate, thought I'd have a bath knowing it could be a few days before they answered.23minutes!!!.nearly dropped the phone in the bath.They confirmed receipt!I then asked the silly question of how long...she said..a long time!
  • steve69
    The dreaded envelope arrived.
    All very good.No assessment and a four year award.
    7 weeks from filling the review form in.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.