Hi, my name is capricornuk! I'm having problems with my neighbours' parking — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is capricornuk! I'm having problems with my neighbours' parking

Options
capricornuk
capricornuk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Nice to meet everyone am new here I have joint this community as I feel that I have been failed as a disabled female by my city council regarding my horrible Neighbour who are making my life hell

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Have you informed your local mp ot the situation 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @capricornuk :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this. Do you mind me asking what your neighbour has been doing? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @capricornuk

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Yes, I have the same question as @Tori_Scope! If you feel comfortable sharing, could you please tell us more about what your neighbour has been doing/saying? We want to be able to support you the best we can and I am really sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time  :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • capricornuk
    capricornuk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thanx for the welcoming guys.

My neighbours have been blocking’s my drive even though the council dipped the kerb for me yet they still continue to block half of it which makes me struggle reversing my car into it and end up hitting the car tire on the kerb the police came out and told them to not park it there or they will get a ticket they said they don’t Care they will pay for it and won’t  move their care. My other neighbours are bothering me with the gate leaving notes in my letter box am tired of this. And need some advice 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @capricornuk. Have they had tickets from the police since the time they said they didn't care? I'd be surprised if they were willing to pay every time... Is there anywhere else they can park? 

What kind of notes have your other neighbours left in your letterbox? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    Theres no law to stop people parking on your front but its illegal to block a drive entrance even partially.
    Keep calllng police, tell them how they reacted to the ticket warning and if it persists they will bring a tow truck and that will cost them a couple of hundred to get back and they won't be so casual then...
    Consider the notes unwelcome and harassment if they upset you and report those to the police at the same time.

Brightness