Why would PIP review form be sent to assessment centre, even though there's no health changes? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why would PIP review form be sent to assessment centre, even though there's no health changes?

Options
hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello 

I had pip review form sent been received by Dwp 3 months ago was with case manager month ago  but know it’s gone to Assasemnt centre even tho there’s no health changes an I still use aids.

why would it go to Assasemnt centre 
I had a doctors letter to support application an good evidence from surgeons 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for your file to be sent to the health assessment providers, even for a review. Although there's been no changes in your conditions it makes no different. I hope you didn't just fill the form in with "no change." All claims should be treated as new claims by everyone, even reviews.
    Letters from Doctors and surgeons are only helpful if they state exactly how your conditions affect you and most dont.
    You should expect another assessment, which will likely be by phone. Paper based assessments are rare but still possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
    Options
    Hi poppy I put in as much information I could  etc how health affects me  example for dressing  I put I suffer from body pains an use perching stool to sit an dress due to foot swelling… 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should expect an assessment, this way if an appointment letter arrives you won't be too shocked. If they have enough of evidence to write the report without an assessment they will but it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.