Hi, I'm andy! My overtime keeps being refused, I feel as though I'm being discriminated against — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm andy! My overtime keeps being refused, I feel as though I'm being discriminated against

Options
Devil1999
Devil1999 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
I have Parkinson’s disease and have been refused overtime virtually permanently since March even though there have been certain work collegues that have been given overtime on numerous occasions I feel that I am being discriminated against by a certain person
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Devil1999

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I am really sorry to hear you feel you are being discriminated against within your employment. That sounds really difficult for you. What reasoning have they provided for refusing you overtime? You may find the Citizen's Advice website about discrimination at work useful and if you are interested you can find it at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/discrimination-at-work/. I hope this helps but if there is anything else we can do to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know. Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Have you asked why you are not being offered the overtime 

I suggest you have a discussion before anything else 

If you feel you are being discriminated then speak to your manager or hr department 

Brightness