Sent my change of circumstances form. I've been told I may have to wait 3 months for assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent my change of circumstances form. I've been told I may have to wait 3 months for assessment?

Poole1404
Poole1404 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I sent my change of circumstances form in 19 th July. I have now been told I may have to wait 3 months for my assessment, surely this is unfair 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi,
    There's huge backlogs and unfortunately, there's nothing we can really do about that. The estimated timescale for claims is currently about 10 months. If you get a decision before that then you're lucky. I'm not sure what's unfair about it. All you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Poole1404
    For some one who is housebound and needs help believe me 10 months for a change of circumstances is ridiculously long and disheartening and certainly does not help my physical or mental well being 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    At least you have an award in payment at the moment and that's a good thing. There are many many thousands of people waiting for an assessment, the same as you.
    We are in the middle of a pandemic, although the country may seem to be returning to normal, it's far from normal. People continue to work from home, others are off sick, all these things cause backlogs.
    All you can do is wait, once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine it must be frustrating @Poole1404. Have you had a needs assessment from your local authority at all? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Poole1404
    My world will never be normal unfortunately going from working full time for DWP to being disabled and housebound for the last 3 years. So while I appreciate others are in the same situation that does not help me and that may be selfish but I haven’t anything else to do or keep me occupied 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    It just doesn’t make sense...I sent in my change of circumstances form after you in August and I didn’t even need to go for an assessment, all done and dusted in 9 weeks and I admit I never sent in a huge amount of evidence.

I hope you hear something soon 
  • Poole1404
    edited October 2021
    thank’s me too glad yours was sorted quick. I sent loads of evidence including a letter from my Gp
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    It just doesn’t make sense...I sent in my change of circumstances form after you in August and I didn’t even need to go for an assessment, all done and dusted in 9 weeks and I admit I never sent in a huge amount of evidence.

I hope you hear something soon 
    Some cases will be easier to decide than others.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Poole1404
    edited October 2021
    Not hard really housebound sit outside and watch if need be haven’t been further than my bin since I was taken to my parents on 16 September 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.