A Question About PIP and Real Life Examples — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A Question About PIP and Real Life Examples

nasturtium
nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
Hello

Apologies in advance for my first post being a request for help and advice. I am helping a person who has a physical disability and has cognitive problems. He has problems remembering and concentraiting. I understand that it is best practice to include atleast two real world examples for each pip activity according to the descriptors. I have been trying to question and ask him about any real world examples that he has experienced when he has atempted to do that activity and all he says is he cannot remember and he can get frustrated and distressed if I try and encourage him because he does not want to fabricate anything and he tries to think of something that happened to him but he has great trouble because of his cognitive problems.

My question is how would I tackle this part of the PIP application. We have not made a formal application yet because we want to take our time and do it at a slow and steady pace so we can get a good comprehensive claim put together before we make the official claim.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Kind regards
Nasturtium
How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.