connect health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

connect health

happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
Thought i would share a funny experience i had with a company called Connect Health. I have never seen any company receiving so many bad reviews as this company.

My doctor is trying to find another supplier as they are not impressed and fed up with all the complaints.

For two years now the NHS have been paying for them to provide me with support, physio and pain injections. However, for the past two years i have not received any service from them.

So, on Friday i phoned them up and asked them if they have any appointments yet for pain management injections or cancellations or if i could be put on the waiting list for cancellations. I was just about to give them my name and date of birth but she went away for a minute and then came back and said there are no appointments in my area for injections but would put me on the waiting list for cancellations and she would personally phone me when one came available.

I was very puzzled, i had not given her my name or any details. I then said how are you going to call me when you do not know who i am. She replied, you are on the system so i will call you when one comes available. I then said, so what is my name. She paused for a couple of minutes and then said i do not know your name.

This is the level of service connect health provides. if it was not so traffic it would be funny.

For the past six months i have been trying to complain about them. I have made four complaints to connect health and they admitted they have let me down and will do better. but that never happend.

I then tried complaining to PAL but they said they do not deal with them and gave me another number. i have been passed from pillar to post to make a complaint and ask for an investigation, but nobody seems to be in charge of them or the contract.

I tried leaving a review on the NHS review sites under connect health, to only receive an email saying the negative review was not allowed.

It is crazy that NHS are wasting money and no one is responible

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They can often identify you from the number you call them from as this will register when you call and bring up your details 
  • happyfella
    janer1967 said:
    They can often identify you from the number you call them from as this will register when you call and bring up your details 

I asked her that. When i said to her do you know my name, and then i said have you got my number and she said no. I phoned ten minutes before and they said oh you are not one of our patients, even though I am sorry to say, and even though i have a letter from them, as well as apology letters. So i thought i would phone back to speak to someone else as i am desperate to get this pain injection i have been waiting two years for. Before the pandemic and when i was under a better company, i would receive pain injections twice a year
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully your doctor is able to find another supplier @happyfella, I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience you've had with this one.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • happyfella
    The company keep trying to remove all the bad reviews. They have removed their google review page because every single review was a bad review. when i spoke to my new consultant and mentioned that i was under them, he shook his head and said they were a nightmare. What i do not understand is, why is this company still working for the NHS when they received lots of complaints and mess up. The NHS need every penny and they are currently wasting money on this company.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    our local hospital has it's own pain clinic as do most now, we also have a large medical centre that amongst other things offers physio treatment, is there a reason why @happyfella the NHS is not providing your care?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• happyfella
    Connect health keep buying smaller health providers. They seem to be growing very fast while not dealing with complaints. I would love to know who to complain to as this company seem untouchable.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected

Brightness