Approvel phone call off pip anyone know how many days it takes for the money to go in your bank — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Approvel phone call off pip anyone know how many days it takes for the money to go in your bank

Options
hewitt22
hewitt22 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Pip phoned me today to tell me I had been awarded to claim pip and told me what I was due to go in the bank does anyone know how long it takes money to go in bank

Comments

• hewitt22
    edited October 2021
    Options
    So I received a call this morning for pip saying I have been awarded the benefit and what I will be getting does anyone know how long it takes for the money to go in your bank??
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @hewitt22

Welcome to the community and congratulations on the award, are you happy with the rates you have been given? 

If you've been awarded PIP, you should receive an award letter in the post soon to confirm it, and the money should also be paid into your account shortly. There isn't a set time for it being paid in, but hopefully it won't be too long.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once the money is sent from DWP it then takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. Money usually goes in before you receive the award letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Often paid into your bank before you get the letter.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    I thought you didn’t get a answer if you qualify for PIP a couple of months after your pip assessment?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tanbang said:
    I thought you didn’t get a answer if you qualify for PIP a couple of months after your pip assessment?

It varies from between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer depending on backlog in your area. All areas will be different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hewitt22
    Options
    Hi does anyone know if the money will be in my bank the night if I got approval phone call Wednesday last week?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hewitt22 said:
    Hi does anyone know if the money will be in my bank the night if I got approval phone call Wednesday last week?

From the time it's sent, it's 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
  • hewitt22
    Options
    So it should be tonight do they have set days pip pays ? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Depends on when they issued the payment, did they issue it at the same time as the phone call or after? It also depends if it takes the full 5 working days or not. 

People get paid on different days of the week. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are no set payment days it depends on each person 

Nobody can say when it will be paid for certain as it depends when dwp release the payment and sometimes it is sent to debt management first to check there are no outstanding debts to dwp 
  • hewitt22
    Options
    I didn't ask when it was gunna be payed into my bank hopefully its in the night
  • MarkM88
    Options
    If it’s not in tonight you can always ring them and ask when it was sent. 
  • hewitt22
    Options
    Okay thank you 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    @hewitt22 was the payment in? 
  • aldot
    aldot Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone how will you know when dwp have sent the payment if it go’s in befor your letter thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    aldot said:
    Hi everyone how will you know when dwp have sent the payment if it go’s in befor your letter thanks 

It's not helpful to ask the same questions on multiple threads. Members here post freely with the advice they give when they are free to advise.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.