Control & restraint injuries — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Control & restraint injuries

Options
crystalcrip
crystalcrip Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2021 in Work and employment
Bit niche but if anyone has any info I am all ears, I was injured due to mandatory (annual) C&R training I was training to be an assessor I got injured during the session to a point I am totally unable to work, my biggest mistake was leaving work that day stating I was fine (I took loads of painkillers to get through the last hour and sat and watched the rest of the session) I then drove home and when I woke up the next morning I was unable to get out of my bed, but because I did that and left before filling in the injury at work form (anyone that knows C&R knows that your usually told if your head/arms and limbs are still attached “it’s not a proper injury” ) they say it can’t be proven it was them who caused the injury, 

I did eventually fill in the injury form once I was fit enough to move.

everthing else I could possibly do has been done now but two lawyers are saying they can’t do anything but I feel like I was a very active working and sporting person before this injury and now I’ve barely moved for a year, surely there has to be something that can be done ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED IM IN A BIG HOLE!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Im sorry about what you are going through 

If lawyers are saying they can't help I'm not sure anyone here would be able to but I may be wrong 

Have you contacted cab at all 

Brightness