Hi, my name is silva! Have I been underpaid? I don't understand — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is silva! Have I been underpaid? I don't understand

silva
silva Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi vi need help I was on incappacit bennifit since 1998 and they move me to esq contribution 2011 I was getting 110 per week in 2017 I was award. Pip both daily and mobility in 2019  I was payed 12 555.00 for the severa disabilities premium but I don't understand vivbelivevi have  been underpaid some my letter saying I was on income related but I don't think I receive any and I don't thing the paid me the enchand disabilities premium so I am so confused please if someone can help me thank you Maria

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Your question is rather confusing and it's not clear because you said you were paid £12,555 which was for the Severe disability Premium. Further into your question you then said you don't think you've been paid for the Severe Disability Premium.
    It's extremely difficult to give this sort of advice on an internet forum because we can't see any of your paper work then you may have received from DWP regarding backdated money.
    You really do need to get some expert advice from an agency near you, for this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/ Put your postcode in and choose the topic welfare benefits to see what's local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    It sounds as if you were one of those who was not correctly assessed for income based ESA when transferred from IB.

If you have been paid arrears of SDP then you have clearly been reassessed for income based ESA. As you say the EDP would also have been applicable. However there is no way for any of us to comment on whether or not the amount you were paid is correct without full information about the period the payment covered.

(Two years of SDP would be considerably less than £12,500.)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • silva
    Thank  for your help, could please advise how much is the income bases ESA just find this so difyut please can help me thank you 
  • poppy123456
    For a single person in the Support Group without the SDP it's £131.30 per week. With the SDP it's £198.60 per week. These rates are from April 2021 so would be slightly less than this is previous years.
    If you need advice on whether you've received the correct amount of backdated money you will need to take all your paper work and get some expert advice from an agency near you. This is far too complex for any internet forum.
    Start here for this and put your postcode in then drop the topic to "welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • silva
    Thnk you so much
  • silva
    Sorry and about the EDP is that include pls
  • poppy123456
    silva said:
    Sorry and about the EDP is that include pls

Yes, it's automatically added by DWP and is included in my calculations above.
  • silva
  • silva
    Thank you so muh sorry just one quiseton the disabilities premun is that incl thank you
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    silva said:
    Thank you so muh sorry just one quiseton the disabilities premun is that incl thank you
    There isn't a disability premium in ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • silva
    Sorry tis so confusing thank you so muh 
  • poppy123456
    Please get some expert advice if you’re unsure that you’ve received all the money you’re owed.
  • silva
    Ok thank you so muh

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.