Finally got my pip assessment date and ita f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally got my pip assessment date and ita f2f

Options
lili8719
lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi finally got it after waiting for nearly 7 months and I'm claiming pips for stress depression and anxiety a also suicidal tendencies (was sectioned a few years ago) and I'm under the care of crisis team and now community mental health, so obviously I'm now stressed as I thought it would be a call which is worrying enough.. any advice? What to take etc? I know they'll lie about everything like I was once 32 stone and ended up on the verge of anorexia but managed to get back to a normal weight, I have pictures of this should I take them? Now I'm a normal weight they'll obviously use that against even tho I wouldn't eat if somebody didn't cook and bring me food, I hardly leave the house and when I do I'm always accompanied by my parents so going to this is gonna be very difficult. I'm incontinent due to IBS which can flare up randomly, suffer migraines weekly which I'm medicated for also started new meds for acid reflux due to stress and been laid in bed all day, do I take my new medication?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lili8719

Welcome to the community and thank you for making your first post, I'm glad that you finally have an assessment but it's a shame to hear that it's a face to face one which you didn't want. 

Thank you for being so honest about how your conditions impact you, it seems as though you have a lot going on at the minute. It's concerning to read about how your mental health impacts you, in particular that you experience suicidal thoughts. It's good that you receive support from the mental health support team, are they aware of the full extent of how it impacts you? Do ensure you continue to speak with them, or your GP, if you ever feel as though your mental health is becoming harder to manage and you need further support. 

You can also access resources like Samaritans by calling 116 123, or the Shout service by texting "Shout" to 85258. Additionally, Mind have plenty of useful information pages including this one which details a range of coping techniques. If you ever experience suicidal thoughts and ever feel as though you might be at risk of harming yourself, please contact 999 right away or attend your nearest A&E service.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk please give it a read and get back to us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.