Pre empting a MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pre empting a MR

northeastlady
northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all. 

I had my telephone assessment just over a week ago and received a copy of the report by post today.

After reading it there are a few things I don't agree with, for example the assessor has not made note of where we talked about how my partner manages my medication all the time for me and another example being that I can make and complete journey plans but no mention that it's my partner who does this etc.

Can I, or rather, should I, write a statement to send in via the email evidence link for the decision maker, in the hope they will have it before making their final decision on my claim....

Is it a bad idea, would it be seen as my being problematic? Part of me feels it cannot hurt to add my statement to clear up any confusion or misinterpreted answers.

The telephone assessor was lovely but I don't want answers to be incorrectly answered.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    The assessment isn't there for them to write what you said verbatim. It's for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The report is then written based on their opinion of everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    Have you added up any recommended points that are in the report? There will be dots/ticks against the acitivties/descriptors. You can use the PIP self test to add them up but remember it's a recommedation. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test
    Whether you should score points for planning and following a journey will depend on how your conditions affect you. If you're claiming for physical conditions then it won't apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • northeastlady
    northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    The assessor has completed a history and then in each section selected what they felt matched for scoring and summarised why they felt it matched with evidence and why not... 

My main complaint is when they completed the evidence sections she didn't record what we discussed.

Also some things she got wrong, we discussed how on average 2 days a week are bad but we discussed how 2 days a week are good...

Some things discussed such as how walking varied good to bad days was also omitted with just a statement in there saying I can walk the distance at a slow pace, no mention of the good v bad days...

So I'm a bit concerned. I know my original application form will also be looked at but it just makes me feel some things were lost in the call.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger

My main complaint is when they completed the evidence sections she didn't record what we discussed.

That's not what the assessment is for... Which is why i said this..
    Hi,
    The assessment isn't there for them to write what you said verbatim.
    Which means it's not for them to write what you said word for word, if it was then there would be no point in having the assessment in the first place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.