Will I get any money backdated from my award date? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I get any money backdated from my award date?

Options
pk28
pk28 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone, first time doing this abit nervous. I was awarded lwcra from 3.6.21 but my assessment period started on the 9.10.21 which I received one payment of lwcra, my question is will I get any money backdated from my award date.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and then the extra money starts from the 4 month of your claim. This means the extra money isn’t paid at all for those waiting months. 
    Whether you’re owed any money depends on what date exactly you reported your health condition and the exact dates of your assessment periods. (Or the date you usually receive your payment) Without knowing the exact dates it’s not possible to advise. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pk28
    Options
    Oh ok I understand now. Thank you very.
  • pk28
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @park2
    Hello @pk28 and welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

There's no need to be nervous, this is a very supportive and welcomingcommunity, and I'm sure you'll find it to be a positive outlet.

I hope the information from Poppy about backdated payments has been helpful for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.