Long term sickness & Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Long term sickness & Benefits

Options
wasiflmc
wasiflmc Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hello everyone. I need your opinion about the benifits I am getting. I feel I am getting benifits are very complicated.
I am long term sick from 18 months from chronic fatigue syndrome and still under treatment.
I am working with NHS and they paying me full pay for my full time job while I am off sick  and I can’t do my second job it was bank working permanent 26 hours was doing like 2 years from that job I earn while I do job since I am off work I am getting sickness pay NI contribution base they paid me for 28 days than after they moved me to Contribution NI  based ESA they paid me for 365 days now they are ending on 10/11/2021 and I am having my moving around assessment review for eligibility to carry on further ESA or not they will decide . With my ESA benifit with Full pay sickness and my wife earning us £6000 per annum and my £25000 p/a basis HM revenue they are paying me £41 per week tax credit .
also now I am qualify for PIP standard rate of  £60 per week .
Conclusion:
I am getting my full net  pay : £1545 p/a
tax credit : £41 p/week 
Contribution based ESA : £149 per/ week.
PIP standard lining : £60 per /week .

Question :smile:
Am I getting the right money ? Or any think I am not entitled and getting it now please let me know or any thing more I am entitled let me know . It’s very confusing I don’t want I don’t entitled and at the end I need to pay them back .

please coments your help will be appreciated. 

Thanks all participating and wish you all stay well . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Your ESA is £74.70 per week, not £149 as you suggested.
    Once you’ve had your work capability assessment for ESA if you’re placed into the Support Group your money will start back up again and will increase to £114.10 per week.
    Universal Credit has replaced all the other benefits but whether you’re entitled to anything will depend on your circumstances. If you claim this then your tax credits will end. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. Or speak to an advice agency for a full benefits check.
    Council tax reduction can be claimed from your local council but again, whether you’re entitled will depend on circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wasiflmc
    Options
    Also I need to add I pay mortgage £1256 and I have 2 kids under 16 age one is 10 and 16 and one child is 18 years with a gap year for university.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @wasiflmc

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us and I hope you are well.

It seems as though you are quite confused or unsure about your finances at the minute and what you should receive, so it's always good to ask if you have any doubt. A good way to get an estimate of what you should be entitled to in realtion to benefits is to fill out a benefits calculator, however that is only an estimate. 

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your discussion over to our benefits and finances category, and hopefully you will receive further replies. How is the treatment for your chronic fatigue going?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tax Credits are hard to calculate. Generally they are calculated on last year's income. If you think your total income for this year might be more than £2500 different to last year you should inform HMRC and they may recalculate your Tax Credits based on this year's income. You must include the ESA income in your estimate of this year's income because the ESA is taxable income.

As poppy has pointed out £149 is your fortnightly ESA payment, not weekly.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wasiflmc
    Options
    What if my condition not completely better and if I decide to go back to work what benifits will going to stop ? As I won’t be able to carry on my second job due to my long term condition and if I decide to go back it’s need to me work related adjustments on the same place of work like light job sitting jobs . 
    Still on return to work I will loose money from my send job which I am getting right now as Contribution ESA will I keep getting that amount ? Or it will be stopped and is their any effect on my PIP on return to work ? 
    What’s your opinion? 
    Thanks for your reply 
  • wasiflmc
    Options
    My income is remain same as £25,000 p/a but my wife annual income will be less than last years as her employer has no work for 5 months now she got another job she will start next month 24 hours week . We have not told yet to HMRC about she has not got enough work since last 5 months . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    wasiflmc said:
    Also I need to add I pay mortgage £1256 and I have 2 kids under 16 age one is 10 and 16 and one child is 18 years with a gap year for university.

You will not receive any help with the mortgage payments, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wasiflmc
    Options
    If I pay the mortgage I will have got very minimum funds left for 5 people.
    after paying all the bills I got nothing . I don’t know what to do and I how I can work more than full time as I used to do before I got sick and manage all things . I don’t know if I still get money from ESA , tax credit , PIP if I decide to go back to work with this disability. I do t know what it will gonna affect on my benifits .
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Have you tried a benefits calculator? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to speak to your mortgage company. Your ESA will end after 1 year unless you're placed into the Support Group.
    wasiflmc said:
     We have not told yet to HMRC about she has not got enough work since last 5 months . 
    You need to report the changes to HMRC because as advised, if there is a difference in earnings of more than £2,500 then you maybe entitled to more tax credits.

• wasiflmc
    Options
    Yes I will calculate again joint earnings at this stage and will update with HMRC .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.