If you owe DWP money, do they take the full amount out of first backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you owe DWP money, do they take the full amount out of first backdated payment?

danixxx
danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
If you owe DWP money from years ago do they take the full amount you owe out of your first backdated pip payment or will
this be spread across with so much taken a month to clear any outstanding debt ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    It has been known for them to take the whole amount, if you're successfully awarded the PIP. The same for Universal Credit, a debt can be repaid from that too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    Uc take x amount out of your money monthly not at once 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They are taking the amount monthly currently as that is the only funds available 

But as above if you ars awarded and have any back payment due they will use this to clear the outstanding debt 
  • danixxx
    Hi just received my assessment report 
    looks like standard fir both elements 
    how long now till you hear from dwp 
    still 2-12 weeks ?? 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:

how long now till you hear from dwp 
    still 2-12 weeks ?? 

Yes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danixxx
    Bit annoyed as feel I should get enhanced daily living could the dwp change the report anyone known of this to happen at all 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:
    Bit annoyed as feel I should get enhanced daily living could the dwp change the report anyone known of this to happen at all 

The report is part of your evidence. The decision maker should look at everything before making their decision. Though they usually go with the report, they don't always. Nothing more you can do until a decision's been made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.