Question about medical evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about medical evidence

jellybean84
jellybean84 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hiya xx ok im not that smart on all this info on PIP does it help, if you send in info regarding the medication,you take to give them an idea what you're day to day life is like??? Plz any info I'd really appreciate!!!! I'm a stress head. Ta xxxx ps its for a mr. Just wonted to no if it helpz with a decision??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    You can send this if you want to. Although this isn’t going to tell them about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. I don’t see how this can help.
    What you need to do is give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jellybean84
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jellybean84 - it's fine to send in a recent repeat prescription list, unless you already sent this in with your PIP claim form, in which case no need to send again.
    As Poppy says, do give a couple of detailed examples about the difficulty you faced attempting /doing each applicable descriptor/activity. This is way more helpful than info about your meds. Saying how you're affected is what's needed.
  • jellybean84
    Hiya chiarieds the doc said i can send it in with my mr said may not make any difference in it tho cuz even when they give a letter that don't always help even a detailed one, she made a good point anyways saying they ask for info or as much as possible to understand that some ppl do neee to take a lot of meds a day and they said they probably don't even read them anywayz so. But been in meds pretty much my adult life and yeah ive put as much  info as i can i have had a look on some other story's on here 2. N to be honest with you yeah im not gettin my hopes up for good out come cuz its hard to tell ppl how my problems efect me my doc is a gem tho so if not i may go all the way to fight it. And can you tell me plz if my family did support letter and my husband cud that help my case?? Ta xxxx 
  • poppy123456
    Family can write a supporting letter for you, providing it's detailed and states exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. The best person to give detailed anecdotal evidence is yourself because you are the only person that reallty knows how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    edited November 2021
    Hi @jellybean84 - I think we all find it hard to tell others exactly about our problems (I've been through the PIP process too), but try we must. Your own evidence is the most important, as Poppy describes. Supportive letters from family members, or your husband, may indeed help, but again, so long as they relate to the difficulties you face looking at the PIP activities/descriptors. Please have a look at them here: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    Please read the notes at the end about 'reliability.' Can you do an activity safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat it as often as would normally be expected, or does it take you longer than someone who doesn't have your disability? If not, explain why in your MR.
    Please come back with any other questions.
  • jellybean84
    Thankx so much for that info ? ill give it a read tomz and ill be intouch soon as to let you no if i dont have any joy with mr how do i start for trial, cuz i read some ppl say start to get ready if out come is a bad one?? Do i ask for a form from dwp?? N my hub isnt a good riter so he added hes mobile and said can call him like for info yeah probs won't help like but he can just bout rite hes name xxxx
  • chiarieds
    One step at a time....it's just the MR for now. Let us know how you get on with that. No need to look further just now, just try & give those couple of detailed examples about the difficulty you face for each activity/descriptor that applies to you with your MR. :)
  • poppy123456
    It's extremely unlikely that they would ring your husband for anything.
     how do i start for trial,
    It's most definitely not a court and you're not on trial either. It's a Tribunal. My advice right now is to forget about the Tribunal and concentrate on the MR with those real world examples.
    The majority of claims that are refused are down to poorly completed forms.
  • jellybean84
    Cheerz guys yeah i get that now, so when a mr is not done to a good enough standards they will reject it n yeah it is sad cuz my husband can not write to good at all witch i like added in but i tho id add hes num any ways, and yeah yeah thanx all loads for the help youve gave me xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.