How long did it take you to get a formal ADHD diagnosis after receiving your informal one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long did it take you to get a formal ADHD diagnosis after receiving your informal one

Options
Pikachu21
Pikachu21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my ADHD assessment with LANC in July 2020 and after I receiving my assessment report back and scoring highly in all areas I recieved an informal diagnosis of ADHD with the assessor clarifying that they have requested an appointment with a consultant to consider a formal diagnosis of ADHD and that I have been placed on the waiting list to be seen "as soon as possible", however it's been over 12 months now though and I've not heard anything back. Can anyone advise on the likely timescales? Has anyone had an assessment from LANC before?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Some people wait several years believe it or not. In some areas the waiting lists are so long it has been known for people to pay privately for the assessment. https://www.adhdaction.org/adult-adhd-survey-report
    This link here, although it was from 2020, i can't see that things would have changed much in that time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Pikachu21 :) It's great to have you with us!

As poppy123456 has said, waiting times can unfortunately be quite long. Maybe you could try ringing them to see if there's an update on timescales? Though I imagine they might not be able to tell you exactly.

How are you managing in the meantime? Are you coping okay? It can be difficult not having a definitive answer yet, and trying to manage symptoms on your own.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • LMT
    LMT Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    I have gone through this, and I am out at the other end. I am now on a shared care agreement with my GP. I need my laptop to respond with all the links as the best and quickest way for you. We have got this. 
    Although I would love a advocate for ADHD, I need one to help with a few things. I need to post this request 😆. I will get back to this on the morning is okay 

Brightness