What is Everyone Up To? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is Everyone Up To?

AndyGT
AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
Hello One and All.  How is everyone doing on this Saturday.  The weather where I am is pleasant.  At least it is dry.  What are you going to be doing with your day?  My main focus will be watching the England Rugby game against Tonga later (other Rugby games are available).  I could type for ages on this subject but I don’t want to bore some people.   So what will you be doing? Rugby or otherwise, ?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Andy, it is nice to see you :)

I am about to go out to a garden centre to look at the Christmas things and maybe come home with some treats :yum: 

I hope you enjoy the rugby game.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    I was waiting for the man to come and look at my guttering.
    He arranged to come at 10o'clock but has not arrived.
    I wish people would not say they will come and then turn up.
    I don't know what to do today now. Afraid I don't like Rugby.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AndyGT :) It's good to hear from you.

It sounds as though you're set to have a nice and relaxing Saturday afternoon. It's dry where I am too, but the sky looks pretty threatening!

What's your prediction for the England game later on? 

I'm working today (obviously!), but will probably find something to watch on TV once I've finished. I've also been working on a paint by numbers for the past few days, which I've been really enjoying. I hadn't done one in years, but had it in my head so thought I'd give it a go. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • easy
    Sorry read  then not turn up. 
    Oh well I feel a bit better now.
    But not a lot.
    Easy
  • easy
    Done it again Should read then not turn up.
    I hope it makes sense now. Not my day.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand what you mean @easy, don't worry :) Yes, it's definitely really annoying when people say they'll turn up at a certain time and then don't, especially when it's to get work done. Have you been able to get in touch with him to ask whether he's still planning on coming today? 

Are there any other errands you need to complete? If not, I'd say it's a good opportunity to relax and take some time to yourself. Perhaps you could watch a film on TV, or do a hobby that you enjoy? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope the workman came in the end @easy, its chucking it down here, i'm at the kitchen table making a freddy chest for a friends costume, painting in rubber to a plaster mould, the rubber is very stinky smells like pee before it sets, what fun lol, hope everyone has a good day
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Pottering around the house tidying, making a stew and drinking coffee
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not a lot bf working away and son out with mates 

Watching TV looking forward to f1 later but its on late due to time difference 
  • AndyGT
    Hi Tori _Scope. In fact hello everyone.  I did expect an England win.  However I didn't expect that score.  Watching the game, 2 things sprang to mind. 1. They will gave to play better and tidy up a few things when they play Australia on the 13th.  However they have a week to tighten up.
    2. Also, the problem teams like Tonga, Samoa or any of the Pacific Islands teams.  They produce some world class players but then lose them to play for England, Australia or New Zealand.  I guess that is where the money is.  Sad but understandable.
  • easy
    Trying to find someone to look at my guttering today.
    I don't want my life to be taken over by this, but I know what I am like.
    Wish me luck!!
    Thanks.
  • AndyGT
    Did you get someone to look at your Guttering?
  • easy
    Thanks everyone for your concern.
    I can report today is a happy day.
    I phoned a small firm near my and they came and did the repair.
    To say I am extatic would be an understatement.
    So releaved it was easy resolved.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I recently had a similar thing @easy. I ended up phoning six builders and only two turned up. One gave me a price for a holiday for two in the Bahamas and the other gave me a sensible price, so I engaged him and job done. I must admit I finished it off but still it was a result. 

I think builders are busy and wre cherry picking jobs at the moment. No excuse for not even looking though, just plain rude.  ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• easy
    Agree 100% They do not have to say they will come if they aren't.
    Oh well that's life. They wont get me down now, Yeah!!! 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    today i'm sat around doing very little, waiting for a bloke to come and measure as up for some new window blinds, it's all quiet this week until Thursday when SM has an appointment at a new angina clinic, Friday she has her booster and Saturday out oldest friends who we haven't seen for three years are paying us a visit.
    Our lives are like buses nothing happens then it all happens !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness