Anyone got experience of being prevented from seeing their disabled child due to parental arguments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone got experience of being prevented from seeing their disabled child due to parental arguments?

Options
BobDadMeg
BobDadMeg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good evening everyone. I wonder whether anyone has experience of being prevented from contact with their disabled child by virtue of parental arguments? It’s been six months and it just doesn’t get any easier. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry to hear about your situation it can't be easy for you 

The child needs to come first regardless of any arguments the parents have 

Have you tried any legal support or mediation 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @BobDadMeg :) Thanks for joining, it's great to have you on board.

I've moved your post into our children, parents, and families category so that you have hopefully connect with some other parents. 

I'm sorry you hear that you're in this position. It's not something I've personally experienced, so I can't offer advice in that sense, but I agree with the above suggestions that it might be a good idea to look into ways of trying to resolve this issue more formally. What have you tried so far? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Legal advice is a step forward however can be expensive if you cant get legal aid.  There is a voluntary organisation called Families need Fathers however it is not just for fathers but for mothers and grandparents aswell. They are not the same as another group who campaigns you might see in the media but are those who have and are going through simular issues as yourself. Relate and other simular organistions may also be able to offer support. Good luck.

Brightness