How long after having the PIP assessment is it taking to receive an answer? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after having the PIP assessment is it taking to receive an answer?

crystalcrip
crystalcrip Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone know how long after having the pip assessment is it currently taking to receive an answer? From when I started my claim it’s been 18 weeks so far

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    2-12 weeks sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crystalcrip
    crystalcrip Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    2-12 weeks after having the pip assessment! Oh damn I was expecting 2-4 weeks lol ok thank you 
  • poppy123456
    To be honest waiting 18 weeks so far is no time at all compared to some members on here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • leeh098
    leeh098 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    I had my assessment on Wed 3rd Nov, Not too sure if I should be concerned as I was only on the phone 30 mins and the DWP received my report on the same day as I got a Text, I’m a 30 year old with Adult Autism, I sent The Diagnosis as part of my Evidence, Just a waiting game now.
  • poppy123456
    leeh098 said:
    I had my assessment on Wed 3rd Nov, Not too sure if I should be concerned as I was only on the phone 30 mins and the DWP received my report on the same day as I got a Text, I’m a 30 year old with Adult Autism, I sent The Diagnosis as part of my Evidence, Just a waiting game now.

The length of time the assessment took doesn't mean anything, it's normal for them to last anything from 20-90 minutes. The report being returned the same day is also normal because once it's writen there's no reason to keep hold of it.
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.