Hi, my name is Restlessbob! I have restless leg syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Restlessbob! I have restless leg syndrome

Options
Restlessbob
Restlessbob Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone I hope to be an active member
Tagged:

Comments

• Restlessbob
    Options
    My restless leg syndrome started before I was 50, over 25 years ago. I have been on many different medications and have become quite knowledgeable on the topic, right this minute I am jiggling about as on a scale of 1 to 10 they are about 7, I would not be able to sit still or write anything by hand. I have frequent bouts of level 10 this year and when that is going on I get no sleep, and I mean no sleep at all, after 3 nights of that I am exhausted and sleep comes. 
  • Barukh
    Barukh Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. Nice to meet you.
    I am also on the Autism Spectrum and sorry you have restless legs.
    Hope you find new friends and support on here. It is a good and lively Forum.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hello @Restlessbob

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us and I'm sure you'll find the community to be a positive outlet. 

Thank you for telling us a bit about how your condition impacts you. 

Feel free to have a look around the community and get involved wherever you'd like. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Restlessbob - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Your restless leg syndrome does sound exhausting, & I'm sure you will have become very knowledgeable about it after having it so long, but it's good that you are. I look forward to you becoming active in the community. For a chat, you might just like our virtual 'Coffee lounge' too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

I had a very mild bout of this so understand your lack of sleep 

I did have a drastic remedy I wouldn't recommend but it totally went away after having a below knee amputation e
  • Restlessbob
    Options
    Hello and was interesting that you chose amputation below the knee, I am booked in for amputation above the knees, my legs are donated to science.
  • janer1967
    Options
    It wasn't a choice and not a result of restless legs I had infection which caused sepsis 4 times and the bones got infected so had to have the limb amputated 

But the restless leg disappeared in the remaining leg 
  • janer1967
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through this happy to discuss anything around amputation 
  • grassbasher
    grassbasher Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi. Just a thought. Have you been tested for Sleep Apnoea?? Restless leg syndrome is often seen in untreated OSA.

Brightness