Corvid booster and jabs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Corvid booster and jabs

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
I have noticed this today not sure when it will become available instead of needle?

BBC News
First pill to treat Covid gets approval in UK
The tablet - molnupiravir - will be given twice a day to patients recently diagnosed with the disease,

Well another one to try to beat this bug, lets hope with this and what we have that we don't let our guard down and open up the economy to soon to pay for some thing that has the potential to start again anywhere. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

From my understanding this isn't anything to do with the jabs or booster but is a pill to treat the condition if diagnosed 

It may be better if you change the title of your post to avoid confusion 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    As above, the link say,'' The tablet - molnupiravir - will be given twice a day to vulnerable patients recently diagnosed with the disease.''
    Later, those patients are confirmed, "It seems likely that it will be restricted for use by those at highest risk of disease complications - for example older adults with heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes or cancer."
    So, not instead of the vaccine, but rather for some older patients as soon as possible after a diagnosis of Covid-19 has been confirmed.
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    Yes, I am sorry I didn't explain it was not an "instead of "  but the way things are going forward this wont be long.
      Sorry if I caused confusion.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi all, 

Thanks for sharing the information you found with us @onebigvoice. What does everyone think about the pill?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The last I read they were still doing test on this.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lagevrio (molnupiravir) has been approved for use the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) announced on 4th Nov. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/first-oral-antiviral-for-covid-19-lagevrio-molnupiravir-approved-by-mhra
    NB. 'Lagevrio is not intended to be used as a substitute for vaccination against COVID-19.'
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    Well about a week ago I had the booster or third jab.  What next?

Brightness