Submitted an application in May but haven't heard anything. What kind of assessment have I received? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Submitted an application in May but haven't heard anything. What kind of assessment have I received?

sandor
sandor Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good morning I am Sándor and I submitted an application to you at the end of May this year and I have not received an answer to this day I would like to know why but I changed my address in September when I applied at [Removed by moderator - address] and I would like to know what kind of assessment I received from you positive there or negative Thank you for your understanding Sándor

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @sandor. I've removed the address and your full name from your post as we don't allow these sorts of personal details on the community in order to protect your identity and keep members safe. 

Could you explain what it is you applied for so we could help you with this?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sandor
     hiÍrja be megjegyzésétyes Could you help me with how the application was judged And why I don't get an answer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Can you tell us what you actually applied for?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sandor
    pip I signed up in May
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    You will need to contact DWP because only they can tell you the status of your application. You've posted on an internet forum, we are not DWP. Though back logs for PIP applications are huge and the timescale they're giving at the moment is about 10 month sometimes longer, from starting your claim to having a decision.
    The telephone number for DWP/PIP is 0800 121 4433 https://www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sandor
    Írja be megjegyzésétThanks
  • Labmum73
    Labmum73 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi
    I also applied in May for pip and only just had my telephone assessment yesterday, so 28 weeks from time I applied to getting the assessment. 

Presumably they have massive backlogs of cases they need to catch up on due to covid restrictions so would imagine their average timescales are gone out the window for next few months.

As long as you received your initial text confirming they had received your application sent in May then your probably in a long queue like I was.

If you havnt already done so you could give them a call to maybe ask if they actually have your application just to be sure.

lisa x

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    The whole process can at the moment take upto ten months from start to finish @Labmum73 after your assessment it can take upto 8 weeks for a decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Labmum73
    Labmum73 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @woodbine yes they said in my text it would take upto 8 weeks for their decision, not expecting it any sooner than that going by their current timescales x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.