Applying for PIP on the 11th of may awarded the 4th of November no backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP on the 11th of may awarded the 4th of November no backpay?

Options
beeman1200
beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Applying for PIP on the 11th of may awarded the 4th of November no backpay ??

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Your award should be backdated to the date you rang to start the claim provided your health conditions started at least three months before you applied.
    What date have you been told the award starts from?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you transfer from DLA? If you did, then there's no backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you transfer from DLA? If you did, then there's no backdated money.
    Thanks poppy. I forgot that scenario.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • JKC
    JKC Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    I still dont understand the PIP benefit working out on paper, for example..the current rate for enhanced daily living is £89.60 as from April 2021, so lets do the maths £89.60 X 52wks = £4,659.20 and now divide it by 12 months = £388.26 per month, however i only receive £357 per month, and i have been on enhanced daily since 2018 and as i looked back at the rate then was £86.60pwk which worked out at £375 per month i still did not get that, i got £354, so where is there always a £30 shortfall everytime, can anyone answer this please?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    JKC said:
    I still dont understand the PIP benefit working out on paper, for example..the current rate for enhanced daily living is £89.60 as from April 2021, so lets do the maths £89.60 X 52wks = £4,659.20 and now divide it by 12 months = £388.26 per month, however i only receive £357 per month, and i have been on enhanced daily since 2018 and as i looked back at the rate then was £86.60pwk which worked out at £375 per month i still did not get that, i got £354, so where is there always a £30 shortfall everytime, can anyone answer this please?

Nope. PIP is a weekly benefit paid every 4 weeks. So the calculation is £89.60 x 4 = £358.40 every 4 weeks. There is 13 payments a year, not 12.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.