Previous earning from work question in to-do list — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Previous earning from work question in to-do list

Options
sean1904
sean1904 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have recently moved from Employment and support allowance to UC I have the limited capability to work and work related activity component and before moving to UC i was on esa for 7 years however i'm confused by the question in my to-do list

the first question asks In the 12 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were there any gaps in your employment? to which I answered yes because I wasn't working,

the next question asks during the 12 months did I have a partner to which I answered yes.

but the question after that asks In the 12 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were the total earnings of you and your partner less than £542 per month at any time?
 I am unsure how to answer this one because technically I had more that £542 a month from ESA but I didn't earn that money so should I answer yes or no .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    This question confuses a lot of people. It's all to do with the benefit cap grace period, which doesn't apply to you anyway because you were previously in the Support Group, which means you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim.

To answer your question, you answer "yes" there were gaps in your employement because you've been claiming ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sean1904
    sean1904 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the response so how would I answer the following question In the 12 months before you claimed Universal Credit, were the total earnings of you and your partner less than £542 per month at any time? should I put no as technically I wasn't earning the money it was getting it from ESA 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You simply answer "yes" and nothing more is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's irrelevant anyway because the benefit cap doesn't apply to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.