Had my pip assessment today and hardly anything was asked? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my pip assessment today and hardly anything was asked?

Options
lili8719
lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
So I had my f2f assessment today and the questions were pointless (what symptoms do I get from pa ic attacks, do I cook) nothing went in depth and even when I tried to I got no response..(is this normal or a bad sign?) can't wait for the report.. these things are a joke and there's no way she could know anything from what she asked. Hopefully they'll go more off my written evidence, I provided quite a bit and had a letter from my CMHT and took all my medication, I was also scruffy and couldnt even shower this morning was too stressed and almost cancelled. Pretty sure from how it went though that it'll be bad was impossible for me to go in depth with anything as she hardly asked... these things are a joke and it could have easily been over the phone yet they drag depressed suicidal anxious people to an interrogation and most likely made up their mind before I even entered the building.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it's impossible to speculate anything at this stage. Maybe there just wasn't many questions that needed asking. If they have all the information, there's nothing further to ask.
    My shortest PIP assessment was in 2016 and it was 10 minutes. She told me she didn't know why i was there, asked me 2 questions and told me that was all she needed and i could go.
    I'm not sure how they can make their minds up before you enter the building....

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lili8719
    Options
    I think it's impossible to speculate anything at this stage. Maybe there just wasn't many questions that needed asking. If they have all the information, there's nothing further to ask.
    My shortest PIP assessment was in 2016 and it was 10 minutes. She told me she didn't know why i was there, asked me 2 questions and told me that was all she needed and i could go.
    I'm not sure how they can make their minds up before you enter the building....

Mine was a robot. And it's great yours went well many others aren't so lucky but you always seem to assume because yours went well and if you're really ill you'll get it 100% no matter what, but that isn't the case is it? If it was their wouldn't be so many tribunal cases overturned. And if she hadn't made up her mind before hand why didnt she ask more questions? It's to find out how im struggling right? I've said this before but my brother in laws mother died a few months after needing a tribunal to win pip, she had no problems apparently yet had no foot couldn't walk and messed herself at her assessment..This was the same assessment centre I attended so I'm not sure how they made up their minds about her and came to that opinion but they did... you defend them a lot for some reason probably because you got it with no issues, yet even if I get it I'll never defend this process and how they treat people it's a joke.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother's mother in law.
    I don't appreciate you telling me that i defend them! I do no such thing, never have, never will!!
    I know that some people have issues with their claims, i also know that people are refused, it happens.
    The biggest problem with those that are refused is poorly completed claim packs because people just don't understand the process and what exactly is needed. It's not easy filling out those forms because most people just carry on with their health conditions and each day is "normal" to them but far from it, in reality.
    There's also alot of people that claim successfully with no problems at all, we just don't hear their story.
    As for the lack of questions then it's probably because they had all the information, i don't know how they can ask more questions in this case.
    I won't be commenting any further on your posts but i do wish you good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Responding rather late in the day, but can I assure you that Poppy is here to help people with their benefit queries, & does a marvellous job in doing so. 'Job' is the wrong word, as she freely gives so much of her time voluntarily in doing so. Poppy does not 'defend' the DWP, rather tries to help people with many benefit queries. Her comments are unbiased & correct, as always, & always trying to help.
  • lili8719
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Responding rather late in the day, but can I assure you that Poppy is here to help people with their benefit queries, & does a marvellous job in doing so. 'Job' is the wrong word, as she freely gives so much of her time voluntarily in doing so. Poppy does not 'defend' the DWP, rather tries to help people with many benefit queries. Her comments are unbiased & correct, as always, & always trying to help.
    Yes I'm sure, then the passive aggressive comment at the end? Of course I'd love to believe they didn't make up their mind before I entered but with what she asked in the assessment there is no way she got a good idea of what's wrong.. so if she scores me 0 she definitely has made assumptions before even meeting me.. I took letters from CMHT that state I don't even get out of bed most days and they have had to come see me or call and I've also been sectioned in the past etc I can guarantee it will all be ignored.. its weird talking to them they have zero soul or personality and its all done to make your stress and anxiety worse. I'm lucky my mother was with me so I could speak more through her but she can't fully explain how I feel or am affected mentally.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lili8719

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that your assessment didn't go too well, you clearly were very worried about it and it's a shame that you don't feel any better following it. 

It's important to note that just because the assessment didn't go as you had hoped, that doesn't necessarily mean your claim won't be successful, but of course that doesn't excuse the way you were made to feel and not being given the chance to go into much depth about how your conditions impact you. 
    Hopefully they do take your written evidence into consideration too, please let us know how everything goes.

You referred to your mental health a couple of times throughout your posts on this thread, and mentioned feeling suicidal, which I'm sorry to hear. I know that we have been in touch with you via email recently, and I just wanted to check if you had chance to read those emails? It would be great if you could give them a read and get back to us, so that we can see if we can support you at all with what you're going through at the minute, because it seems to be impacting your well-being quite a bit.

I will resend our recent email, in case it is lost in your inbox somewhere at this point :) 

Please continue to access your GP or other avenues of support if you feel as though your mental health is becoming harder to manage, and do your best to enjoy yourself and relax, sometimes it can help to take your mind off the challenges of benefit claims for a while. You can also call Samaritans on 116 123 (you do not have to be feeling suicidal to contact them) and the Shout service by texting "Shout" to 85258.

I can understand the frustration you must feel at the moment, but I'm sure that everybody on here is on your side and wants the best for you, Poppy included. I think she was just trying to give an objective view of why your assessment may have unfolded the way it did, rather than trying to justify any actions from the assessor that you didn't think had the best intentions. We do all wish you the best with your claim and you are more than welcome to post back here whenever you'd like, whether you want support or just to share your feelings about anything. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.