How bad do you need to be to get high rate mobility pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How bad do you need to be to get high rate mobility pip

Options
stevet
stevet Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just had award for pip. Standard rate. Ridiculous 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Standard rate for what? Daily living or Mobility? Whether you're entitled to a higher award will totally depend on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Before doing anything else you should get some expert advice to check if you're entitled to a higher award. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @stevet :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the PIP award you were hoping for. Have you looked through the PIP descriptors (pipinfo.net) to identify where you feel you should have scored points? 

The next stage would be a mandatory reconsideration (MR). You have some time to prepare this if you decide you'd like to submit one, so there's no need to rush. If you'd like to read about MRs, you can do so on the Turn2Us website.

Please do take a look at the link poppy123456 has posted, too, to see if there's any expert advice you could benefit from in your area. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To many expectations of an award meeting their actual abilities in relation to the PIP descriptors is becoming more and more evident as there a lot of posting on social media of what you could get by claiming PIP for this or that with none or little information reference to the actual process of claiming or the PIP descriptors also a lot of information about changes to PIP awards but as one reads it’s to do with claiming PIP in Scotland.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.