Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit

Options
thinkingsoul
thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
Hi everyone, so I am due payment in a weeks time but signed on and it says "£0" is that because I've started doing some work with the agency? to which I added on my journal. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Any earnings you receive will reduce your UC by 63% because at the moment you don't have the work allowance. Have you received any earnings during your assessment period? You can check your statement and it will tell you exactly what deductions you had.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thinkingsoul
    Options
    @poppy123456 I haven't received a payment from them apart from a advanced payment but I paid it off in full. haven't received my first payment it says 0. that's because I have agency work maybe ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I didn't ask if you'd received a payment from UC. I asked if you'd received any earnings from working since you claimed Universal Credit.

Have you received any earnings during your assessment period?
    Please have another look at your UC statement, it will tell you exactly what deductions you've had.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thinkingsoul
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456 Yes I have ?
    So as explained by poppy
    Any earnings you receive will reduce your UC by 63% 
    And
    poppy123456 said: Please have another look at your UC statement, it will tell you exactly what deductions you've had. 

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.