Let's talk relationships — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's talk relationships

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in Coffee lounge
Who is in a happy relationship and can give tips on things people could improve on if they have issues. 

Comments

• bluebob
    bluebob Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi I left my wife 6 years ago and I thought I would never find anyone else due to the fact she kept nobody will want .I'm useless ECT ECT. I decided to join a dating website and that's where I found the love of my life . She loves me for who I am we do everything together we live a simple life . It does help if you have somethings in common . I do all the jobs around the house and in return she does all the cooking most of the time . We have been sorting out our garden together which is a mistake lol as every time we go out to a garden centre she always finds something to buy but I do say if we have the she can have what ever she wants .try to work together and always communicate with each other .I tell my partner i love her a 1000 times a day and NEVER go to on an argument. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I met my soon to be husband several years ago when I was a little child. We took it slowly at first. We are planning on tying the knot first week of September 2019. I cannot wait for our wedding day! 
  • Tammyjane33
    @April2018mom that's amazing news. I wish you the best and all the happiness in the world. :) 
  • Tammyjane33
    @bluebob that's amazing news. I'm glad you were able to find love again. I wish you the best. 
  • bluebob
    bluebob Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi Tammyiane33 thank you for your kind words as they say there is someone out there for everyone you just have to look for them and I'm so glad I did keep looking 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Really glad you found love again @bluebob. It sounds like you've found someone you really click with. 
    It's a bit cliche to say it, but I think paying attention to the little things really goes a long way in a relationship. Not all of us have the capacity for grand gestures and they might be the things you remember, but it's the little, some might say inconsequential, things that make you a proper partnership.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    bluebob said:
    Hi I left my wife 6 years ago and I thought I would never find anyone else due to the fact she kept nobody will want .I'm useless ECT ECT. I decided to join a dating website and that's where I found the love of my life . She loves me for who I am we do everything together we live a simple life . It does help if you have somethings in common . I do all the jobs around the house and in return she does all the cooking most of the time . We have been sorting out our garden together which is a mistake lol as every time we go out to a garden centre she always finds something to buy but I do say if we have the she can have what ever she wants .try to work together and always communicate with each other .I tell my partner i love her a 1000 times a day and NEVER go to on an argument. 
    That is great news @bluebob. Which dating website did you both meet on if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That comment is from a couple of years ago now @csno01, so I'm not sure if the user will reply. 

Are you considering signing up for a dating site? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Oh right. 

Thank you for he heads up Tori. I am just looking to see what dating platforms are out there.

csno01 
  • Lestat77
    Lestat77 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hey I'm also looking for dating websites that are for people with disabilities for my 21 year autistic son, he really wants to find someone or even more good friends but there are so many dodgy websites and dating sites that have bad reviews I have no idea what to recommend for him. Help anyone?
    Jen
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lestat77 - the Outsider's Club has been recommended by other members, tho one member recently experienced a delay in them getting back to him, which I hope has been resolved. It's a site for both friendship & dating for those with disabilities. Here's the link: https://outsiders.org.uk/club/the-outsiders-club/   Hope this may help.

Brightness