PIP Renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Renewal

YogiBear
YogiBear Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi I'm due to have my PIP reassessed.  (A year beforhand). I am getting all my paperwork in order. However I have just read that they are now sending out the review forms 6 months before the award ends.  I was wondering if anyone could confirm if  this is correct. Thanks.

Kind Regards
Yogi Bear

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

That is correct they now send review forms out 6 months in advance 
  • YogiBear
    Thanks for letting me know that Janer.  Much appreciated.

Yogi Bear
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless your current PIP award was extended due to Covid and then you could be sent the review forms anytime from now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • YogiBear
    Thanks Poppy for your help. Award letter says PIP claim was awarded until December 2022. Although letter said I would be reviewed a year beforehand December 2021. Just needed clarification when I would likely receive review forms.  I can't find any information online from DWP saying that they are sending review forms out now 6 months before award ends.

Regards

Yogi Bear
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    The award letters usually say reviewed "from X date", not on a specific date or a year before. The changes took place quite sometime ago but there weren't any announcements made related to this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • YogiBear
    Thank you Poppy!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Whenever the renewal is remember it is best treated like a new claim.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.