How to stop emails from Name a Group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to stop emails from Name a Group

Options
Hi all,
I posted a comment (band name) in the 'Name A Group' (quiz) but I am getting email notifications every time someone else posts on that discussion.

How do I stop the emails from flooding into my email account?

I've turned off/unchecked nearly all the boxes in my notifications settings but I am still getting lots of emails?

Thanks in advance for any help with stopping the emails flooding my in box.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Check that the box is unchecked for "notify me when someone comments on discussions i've partisipated in". If it isn't then untick this and you'll no longer receive anymore nofications for threads you comment in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As far as I am aware there are still issues with the notification settings not working properly and this has been reported 

So from my experience even switching off all notifications doesn't work 

There is a workaround that is for the team to remove your email from your account but doing this stops any emails 

If you want to do this ask Adrian to action for you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Bill1964,
    Janer1967 is correct - we're currently having to implement a workaround until this gets fixed. We can do this for your account, but it will mean you don't receive -any- notifications at all. If that's something you'd like us to do, just let me know and I'll get it sorted for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
     @janer1967 Yes I've also tried to stop the emails by unticking all the boxes in the notifications settings but no luck.
    @Adrian_Scope Yes please if you could sort it out I'd much appreciate it, I'm getting a lot of emails and they are filling my email inbox.

Kind regards,
    Bill.

Brightness