Why am I different? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why am I different?

Options
ellieflower3
ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
edited November 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hello,

not been active so sorry, I am not doing too well, I am just trying to get my doctor to listen to me because how bad I am feeling at the moment, it's strange isn't it? I am just struggling, I found out I am having surgery soon ( for my spine ) and, I am scared, the doctor who is doing the surgery is telling me ill be fine.. I feel like I won't :( just, I am glad I can talk about it, I hope your all okay, - Ellie
Lilly Josh  <3

Comments

• ellieflower3
    Options
    I think I am different, I made a post about how disabled people should be treated equally, I got some hate from it, but because i'm disabled, I know people take anything nice seriously and hate others for it. I am glad that people are now recognising that we have a voice too and we all matter we all are the same but with different problems, dont mean we should be treated differently :)
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
     :s 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @ellieflower3

I am really sorry to hear you have been experiencing a tough time. You can always talk to us about things. Do you know when your surgery will be and what it will involve? Absolutely agree with you. In fact, disability is just one of many aspects of diversity! We are all human and we all deserve equity. Keep shouting and hopefully you will be heard sooner rather than later  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ellieflower3 it's good to hear from you. I think it's completely natural that you're feeling scared about your surgery, lots of people do. It's really positive to be open about how you're feeling, as you say, talking about it really helps.

Just remember it's what the doctor has been trained to do, it's the job of the hospital staff to keep you safe and well. I wish you all the best for it :)

I am glad that people are now recognising that we have a voice too and we all matter we all are the same but with different problems, dont mean we should be treated differently 

I really like the way you've phrased this too, I'm sure a lot of the community feel the same way!

Let us know how your surgery goes when you can :smile:

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    Hello @ellieflower3

I am really sorry to hear you have been experiencing a tough time. You can always talk to us about things. Do you know when your surgery will be and what it will involve? Absolutely agree with you. In fact, disability is just one of many aspects of diversity! We are all human and we all deserve equity. Keep shouting and hopefully you will be heard sooner rather than later  :)
    it's in two weeks, pretty scared, trying to help as many people until then! I will heal but will take time to make sure i'm okay, but then will help others! I feel like we need to be treated equally, it's only fair as we're not different then other people!
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    Hi @ellieflower3 it's good to hear from you. I think it's completely natural that you're feeling scared about your surgery, lots of people do. It's really positive to be open about how you're feeling, as you say, talking about it really helps.

Just remember it's what the doctor has been trained to do, it's the job of the hospital staff to keep you safe and well. I wish you all the best for it :)

I am glad that people are now recognising that we have a voice too and we all matter we all are the same but with different problems, dont mean we should be treated differently 

I really like the way you've phrased this too, I'm sure a lot of the community feel the same way!

Let us know how your surgery goes when you can :smile:

Alex
    Hey Alex,

lovely to hear from you, thank you for a lovely post, made me smile. big hugs from me!

Ellie.
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good to hear from you again @ellieflower3 :) I hope that your surgery goes well! 
    I am just trying to get my doctor to listen to me because how bad I am feeling at the moment
    Is this in regards to your mental health, or your physical health? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness