Hi, my name is Tiffxx9! How long after assessment do you have to wait? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tiffxx9! How long after assessment do you have to wait?

Tiffxx9
Tiffxx9 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys? I had my telephone assessment 9th nov still heard nothing, how long after assessment did you guys have to wait?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    You don't say if this was a PIP assessment or a work capability assessment. Either way, you only had your assessment a week ago, it can take between 2-12 weeks for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tiffxx9
    Hi pip phone assessment sorry I applied in august thanks?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    I must admit, that's an extremely fast process so far. Some people are waiting several months for their assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tiffxx9
    Ok hopefully won’t be to long before I get my decision 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Tiffxx9 said:
    Hi guys? I had my telephone assessment 9th nov still heard nothing, how long after assessment did you guys have to wait?
    Hi @Tiffxx9 :) thanks for joining the community. How are you today? :) 

I'm glad that you've had your PIP telephone assessment, as I understand any assessment can seem quite daunting. I hope it went well for you. I'm aware that the DWP's decision can be made on a case by case basis and therefore, timings can vary between different cases. Hopefully some of our community members can provide an insight into their PIP claim experiences. 

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask and I'm sure someone will be able to help out :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Tiffxx9
    Hi thanks for your response, I requested a copy of my assessment witch I received, but still not heard regarding my decision yet 
  • Tiffxx9
    Hi guys received a letter last week stating they have all my information to make a decision so hopefully won’t be to long know I hope ? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Just be aware that’s a standard letter they send and doesn’t really mean anything. At the moment people are still waiting between 2 and 12 weeks for a decision. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.