Experience of back pain, muscle knots and tight hips? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Experience of back pain, muscle knots and tight hips?

Lsuri
Lsuri Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have got lower back pain for two month with muscle knots in lower back and glutes.But the worst pain is in the groin duento tight hips.It comes on with wrong movements.Anybody got something similar? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lsuri - & welcome to the community. I've had problems with this before, but first may I stress that what causes my pain will likely be different from yours. You've also had problems for a while, so I wonder if you've discussed this with your GP?
    In the meanwhile I'd suggest lying on your side on your bed, & lifting your leg up straight away from your body. Try this a few times a day, alternating the side you're lying on each time. You could also try standing & holding onto your kitchen worktop. Keep your body straight, then again with a straight leg, move it out sideways away from your body. Stop if these increase your pain more than pushing through the tightness a little.
    There's also some info & back exercises to try here: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/back-pain
    Again, stop if these increase your pain. Hope some of this helps, but talk to your GP, & definitely if things worsen.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning and welcome @Lsuri, what are you up to today? I'm sorry to hear about the pain you're feeling, there's nothing worse than lower back pain, I find it makes you hold yourself differently, often triggering strains in other parts of your body.

To help others share their experiences of similar conditions, I've moved this discussion into 'Chronic Pain and Pain Management'. 

Have you been to your GP about how you've been feeling? They should be able to help determine the cause, and hopefully put a pain management programme in place. It can be scary finding out exactly what's wrong, but ultimately it's best for your body in the long term. 

Are there things you do currently to ease the pain, like using heat or massage therapy?

Please do let us know if we can help you further :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness