Hi! Recently been looking at claiming PIP but the DWP won't even acknowledge the claim
Hello everyone! I'm Cameron, from Leicester and I am an autistic woman in my thirties. Recently been looking at claiming PIP but the DWP won't even acknowledge the claim because my ASD hasn't been reassessed since I was 26. I'm also struggling to get an assessment, I keep getting passed from pillar to post. It was hard enough to get a diagnosis in the first place but despite having one & the fact that everyone can 'see it', I still have to go through the same process again just to make life a little easier. Why do we have to fight so damn hard for the things we are entitled to, with the very people who tell us we're entitled to this stuff? I just don't understand & I don't think I ever will.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.