LCW not LCWRA …do I have a reason to appeal ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW not LCWRA …do I have a reason to appeal ?

Options
louphb
louphb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi 
I suffer with severe anxiety disorder and depression.
I haven’t left the house since January and that was to go to the doctors.
My dad drove me and took me to my apt.
I live alone and I’m really struggling.
My dad does my shopping /cooking etc 
I have no friends now and I don’t even go in the garden.
I can’t deal with all of this stress.
I self harm when things become too much and have had suicidal thoughts when things become bad.
Before every work coach apt I have hurt myself and before every telephone doctors apt.
I can’t stand any sort of change to my routine..I don’t sleep,panic attacks ,heart palps then the self harm.

Had Assesment yesterday and it’s came back I have LCW not LCWRA
I am A mess tonight.
I can’t keep doing these work telephone apts and having a week before no sleep,feeling sick.
The dread of answering the phone.

Would you appeal this or not?
I want to get better but I can’t do with all this pressures

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    I think only you can decide this because no one here knows exactly how your conditions affect you. You can get some expert advice from an agency near you by ringing them if you are unable to go out for the appointment. For this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @louphb thank you for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear how you've been feeling, and how much your anxiety and depression are impacting you.

It's important to remember you're not alone, we are here to support you. Talking about how you are feeling is a positive step, so well done.

Can I ask if your receiving any support for your mental health? It's good to hear you've got your dad, does he know how you've been feeling lately? You mention talking to your doctor, do they know about your self-harm too?

As our members have said, you can call Samaritans for help (116 123) and another place that can help is Mind. Remember if you ever feel like you're about to self harm or you are in immediate danger please call 999 as soon as you can. 

If you would like us to offer additional support on your behalf, then you can email us on community@scope.org.uk and we can talk about it in more detail.

Hopefully the community can help answer your questions around your LCW, and help confirm which option is best for you. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything further.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • louphb
    louphb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou everyone.
    I haven’t told my doctor about a lot of the self harm as it’s embarrassing but have told my cpn.
    I’m meant to refer for grief counselling but I can’t at the minute as it just seems like too much to deal with.
    My dad knows about how I’m feeling but just tells me to push past it..
    if only I could 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @louphb it's really good that you've told your CPN. It sounds like there's a lot going on at the moment, and that must be an overwhelming feeling. 

Your dad is a big part of your life, cares about you, and probably wants you to feel as settled as possible. Pushing past feelings is perhaps his way of handling things when going through a tough time, but that doesn't work with everyone. 

With the right help and support in place I have every hope that you can work through the way you're feeling and come out stronger for it. That's why it's good to hear you've involved your CPN. I know you feel like it's embarrassing to tell your doctor, but they can support you too if they know what's happening.  

Again, if we can offer any additional support, just ask, that's what we're here for.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.