Hi, my name is liliana! My fit note was not accepted by UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is liliana! My fit note was not accepted by UC

liliana
liliana Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
My sick note not was accepted by universal credit.I do not understand why?the message from UC is:

Friday 12 November 2021 9:18am

Details on fit note

• Fit note start date: 11 November 2021
  • Fit note end date: 26 December 2021
  • Fit note accepted? No

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Have you recently had a work capability assessment and been found fit for work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • liliana
    Thanks, I do not know, honestly an agent job centre plus called me a few times and that's all . I have a job in hospital part time 
  • poppy123456
    Does your fit note say you are unfit for work? Are you working more than 16 hours a week? If you are, are you receiving either PIP or DLA? If not, then this will be why your fit note wasn't accepted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • liliana
    Yes , I am working 25 hours per week, and I applied for new stile ESA, and PIP but I did not recived any decision. Now I am unfit for work because a long covid 19 sindrom. 
  • poppy123456
    liliana said:
    Yes , I am working 25 hours per week, and I applied for new stile ESA, and PIP but I did not recived any decision. Now I am unfit for work because a long covid 19 sindrom. 

Then this will be the reason why it wasn't accepted. You can't tell them you're unfit for work, if you're working more than 16 hours per week, unless you're receiving PIP.
    At the moment If you were working less than 16 hours per week then you can send the fit note and be referred for the work capability assessment.
    You also won't be able to claim New style ESA because you're working more than 16 hours per week.
    If you've recently applied for PIP. backlogs are huge and timescales from starting a claim to having a decision is about 10 months.
  • liliana
  • poppy123456
    For New style ESA you must have also paid the correct amount of NI contributions in tax years April 2018 to March 2020. If you do claim both ESA and UC together the ESA will be deducted from any UC entitlement.
  • liliana
    thanks, I left a note in jurnal UC for LCRWA.i did not recived any answer. i can not work enymor in futur but i do not know what have to do.
  • poppy123456
    If can can no longer work because of your health condition you can claim SSP from your employer for 28 weeks. With a fit note. See link. https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay
    The SSP will be classed as income for UC purposes and reduce your UC by 63% if you don't have the work allowance.
    You will then be able to report your health condition and send your fit note. You will be referred for the work capability assessment and be sent a form to fill in and return with all your evidence.
    Once your SSP ends you will then be able to claim New style ESA providing you've paid the correct amount of NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years. Please note that the tax year changes in January for benefit claims and it will then be tax years April 2019 to March 2021.

• liliana
    Thanks, Poppy.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liliana I'm glad to see this discussion has been helpful for you. If you do have other questions please just ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • liliana
    Thaks.appreciate

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.