Wheelchair compliant ramp or lift? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair compliant ramp or lift?

Options
yogibear62
yogibear62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi  what is the maximum height that wheelchair users could comfortably cover outside with a compliant ramp?  the distance between street level and the public allotment space is 1800mm approx.  There is space for a compliant ramp but I think we should be looking at a wheelchair lift.
Comments appreciated

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @yogibear62 and welcome to the forum! How are you today? :)

I think it does depend on the type of chair the person is using, as some are fitted with things like kerb climbers, but I I'll look into it for you. In the meantime I've moved your query into our 'Aids, Adaptions and Equipment' category so that members can find it more easily. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @yogibear62 :) 

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things? I'm sorry that none of our members could answer your query and I wondered if you had made any progress with finding out about heights for ramps etc. 

If you have any other questions, please just let us know. 

Libby :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Curt
    Curt Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    edited March 2022
    Options
    HI, I hope you found your answer. However, just encase this article discusses compliant 
    ramp regulations - https://www.rapidramp.co.uk/building-regulations 

"Minimum compliant ramp gradient and width:

• Dwelling applications - minimum gradient of 1:15, minimum width 900mm. We recommend 1000mm for extra manoeuvrability. 
    • Public applications - minimum gradient of 1:15 and minimum width of 1500mm."

Brightness