Hi, my name is Rosie14! feeling a little lost having lost my job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rosie14! feeling a little lost having lost my job

Rosie14
Rosie14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2021 in Work and employment
I am new on here and feeling a little lost having lost my job through ill health and having difficulty finding what to do.  I have suffered with my mental health since 2018 and have osteoarthritis which is painful and fills my days just tired and in pain. 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rosie14 good evening and a warm welcome to scope and our friendly forum, have you checked to see if you are receiving all the benefits you might be entitled to? 
    https://benefits-calculator-2.turn2us.org.uk/survey/1/c639bea4-9e7d-4862-8c72-e12d834f2db0
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rosie14

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us. 

Sorry to hear that you lost your job, that must have been a difficult experience. With finding what to do next, do you think you want to look for new employment or perhaps something else? It can take a while to decide what your next step should be, especially when the feeling of losing your previous job is still recent.

Regarding your mental health, do you receive any support to manage it? Is your GP aware of how it impacts you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rosie14
    Rosie14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am nearly 65 and year away from my pension and can't wait to be honest.  This universal credit is a mine field.  I am seeing my gp when I can and he is aware.  I talk more to the nurses at the surgery as I get more help and information from them. thank you for your coment.  Still not sure how this site works and where to find things but getting there. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosie14

I'm glad you have support from your GP and the nurses, do ensure you continue to access them if you ever feel as though you need further support.

It can take a while to get used to the community, but I hope that with some casual browsing you slowly become familiar with it. Do let me know if you have any questions.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness