I've sent my renewal form back, but award ends in June. Will they make a decision before claim ends? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've sent my renewal form back, but award ends in June. Will they make a decision before claim ends?

Options
Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all..I received a letter saying that I must full out the renewal form so I did and sent it back but my reward ends in June next year...what happens from now from when they look at it will they make a decision before my claim ends as I was told it only takes 7wewks for the case manager to look at it what will lead up to Xmas 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most people have assessments, even for reviews, so you should expect one of those. Paper based assessments are rare but they do happen.
    Any new decision that's made will overrule your current award. The 7 weeks you were told is extremely optimistic, you could be looking at quite a few months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You will most likely need to have a assessment first and waiting time for those is very long 

After the assessment  it can still take up to 12 weeks or more for a decision 

Once it is all complete the new decision will take effect and your old award will end 
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you very much..I never new I wud have to go to another assessment interesting I really hope it's a paper based 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would either be telephone or face to face. I'd advise you to prepare for either because this way it won't be too much of a shock if you receive an appointment in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @Lee123 I'm glad to see you've found some out some new and useful information! I hope your renewal and assessment go smoothly, let us know.

And if you feel unsure about anything else then please do ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.